14.3.10

Meet the Cast!


Jessa Brocklebank (plays Janice)

Bio:
I am a freshman at the U majoring in Theatre Studies. I work at an Auto Body Shop and Mimi's Cafe, and sub dance classes around the valley when I can. I dance at the Treehouse in Draper, I love doing shows, obviously. I LOVE playing with my three beautiful nieces, and watching the classic movies such as Meet Me in St Louis, The King and I, and Roman Holiday.

Acting Experience:
Belle in Beauty and the Beast. Joy (a step sister) in Cinderella. Ensemble roles in South Pacific, Funny Girl, Joseph, Seussical as well as others. I have performed with Odyssey Dance Theatre in Thriller, and Joy to the World, and Ballet West in The Nutcracker. Film Creditintials include The American Mall and High School Musical's 2 and 3. I study dance under Bonnie Story, voice under Eric Richards and Brian Manternach, and have taken acting courses at Hale Centre Theatre, and Juan Diego.

Why were you interested in this performance?
I heard about this through an email sent out to all the Theatre Majors, and decided to audition. I thought it was a good thing for students, well anyone really, to be educated about and was excited to be involved.

What do you hope to get out of this experience?
This is heavy material, and I hope that the performance portrays the seriousness of the issue. I hope to touch just one person, and inspire them to help those they know in this situation, or if they have delt with this personally, inspire them to gain the courage they need to get the proper help they deserve.

What has been easy about this experience so far?
The cast and production team has been extremely fun to work with. They each have great personalities and we seem to get along brilliantly.

What has been difficult about this experience so far?
I found the training session difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment